Zenra Meshi (BL, Japan, 2023) - episode 10

 

Zenra Meshi (BL, Japan, 2023) - episode 10

Current rating (11.6.2023): 7.5/10 from 679 users .

Names: 全ラ飯, also known as: Naked Dinner , Naked Dining ~Love, Life and Liberation~


brief summary: Ichijou Souta lives the life of a high-class gentleman. However, after unintentionally falling in love, he discovers a way of life.





Ichijou likes to eat while unclothed as a stress reliever after working till the early hours of the morning. He then passes out at his grandmother's house. Ichijou is eating naked, a secret he has been keeping from everyone up until now, when Miki Mahiro, his grandmother's friend who owns a fruit and vegetable market, enters the house one day.



themes:  Gay Romance, Death Of A Grandmother, Office Worker Male Lead, Gay Male Lead, Partial Nudity, LGBTQ+, Food

 

, Countryside Setting

Genres: Comedy, Romance.

Original Network: Kansai TV




Main Male Leads:
Yutaro in Zenra Meshi Japanese Drama (2023)


So… What did the creators do with this last episode? I have now clue whatsoever.On the other hand a little bit influenced by bits in the comment section on mydrarnalist, I was worried way more than what episode 9 deserved.


So a little bit of a background is probably due. I should make my statement clear first that I don't find this series unwatchable and I do care how it is going to end (even though I know how it is going to end,  I still want to see it coming). I find the actor Yutaro very cute, perfect for playing the character Miharo, and even though I find it strange to couple him with

Kondo Shori, visually, they are playing their roles so well I don't mind them together at all in this fictional couple. I was even excited for 12 episode of Japanese series, Not aware of the discussion that was obviously led about another Japanese series Minato Shouji Coin Laundry (2022). People led discussion about it, and no one invited me, that 12 episodes of Japanese series is too much.  Well, not necessarily, but we are going to get into it later. That Japanese series should stay at 8 episodes and be cute.

 I also find the concept of this series very interesting and very bold.Naked man in Japanese BL series from the scratch?  I applaud you! And we even without adult context! 

And now to the complaint about the two main male leads not being closer together despite we are waiting for episode 10 to air already. 

I understand people who complain about the exboyfriend to come.  I absolutely get the people who are complaining about the female - Komachi.


I get the pent up frustration with it.´After all I myself would love to see the main male leads shift. 

And the turn to worse in the MML’s relationship hurts me as much as if it hurts you guys. But, generally speaking, the way how the authors  decided to make this story is one of the relevant possible options.  And if you see it absolutely ( and I really don't  they much at their nation to the female character,  so you could inconsistency does not bother me so much) neutrally,  it is not that bad plot twist. 

And especially, if we know, that you can be kind of sure  the outcome is going to be positive and in our advantage - AKA MMLs end up together,  I have no doubts whatsoever that the plot twist is gonna get loose soon and smoothly. And so it forces me to watch this with a certain kindness and enjoy it, while it lasts. The way they thread is incredibly polite.  with both eyes half-closed the female character is kind of relatable.


And both main leads are kind of understandable. After all I guess shyness  and hesitancy are no strangers to all of us no matter how brave and sure of ourselves we grow up in the end. After all, it's thanks to these traits that we can grow, right?


So I am not complaining about what they are giving us.  I find it kind of cute. It is definitely a nice attempt. It is definitely not something I myself would want to really and intentionally write,  not these days.

But as such a reminiscence about old days gone,  with a little modern twist in  one character being actually naked  sitting and eating a Japanese story  at the dinner table,  I am giving them my heart this round. And I trust them, I trust them so much.

And what about you?



P.S. Here is the list of why I love this series:  it is not lacking tact,  it is sensitive,  it is respectful,  it is kind,  it is not superficial,  it is not plain,  it is with japanese elegance and with japanese grace,  despite what we would wish as audiences, it goes deeper into the possibilities - Not So UnReal but as well Not So Desired and at the same time Not So Devastating/Unthinkable, Not So “worst of all possibilities”. It matches some people who are unprobable in my eyes and not so frequent in audio visuals. And all of these are bonus points!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About 10th episode of The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (Thailand, 2023)

A List of the Long Time Crush BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

A List of the Office Romance BL SERIES: Boss-Employee Relationship, Office Setting, Love Between Colleagues, Intern Male Lead, Bodyguards, Servants (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

Bokura no Shokutaku || 僕らの食卓 (Japan, 2023) - Episode 8

Bokura no Shokutaku (BL, Japan, 2023) final review

A List of the Enemies to Lovers BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

Bokura no Shokutaku || 僕らの食卓 (Japan, 2023) - Episode 9

A List of the ONE–NIGHT STAND BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)