About 10th episode of The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (Thailand, 2023)



 

disclaimer: this article was written before the announcement of episode 10 postponement – a.k.a. my tweet after finding that out: "ahaha-haha-hah - they f*cked up there something and now they hastily try to correct it, I can smell it, I can guarantee it – the same problem I claim happened in episode 9, that is wha’ that all is" – I insist it was like that, I just want force out of them the uncut version and information, what happened.


As well, please, check out the "cut out" snippets the series released 3 and 2 weeks ago. WHY DID THEY CUT IT OUT of the series and opted for... putting there nothing?

NOW: you can continue reading the article, thanks for reading/checking out. 🙏🙏🙏

 

...I am worried, how it is going to end, in today's episode (in episode 10).  I probably gave up on this episode and this series altogether since episode 9.

 I so much hoped for something magical in this series.

They didn't start bad for that result. And yet, what I was delivered was something below the average. I can't believe any deus ex machina in episode 10 is going to save the day and the story and the project. And I am sad sad sad small alone in this – all the snippets I have seen recently in between episodes’s releases and all the pieces that could have saved the story so much and make it one of the best of this year… are just cut out scenes! Where is the uncut version then? Where is the remaining 20 minutes of episode 9?

Have I said I am sad already? Because I am and very much because this story had potential. Should have been amazing.

And now it has nothing, and it has nothing to lose, and I don't even care what they are going to put in the last episode, because, basically, if they ended the series right after episode 9, then it would be no great loss. Brilliant series with bad last episode. But what is this? Series that used to be good, even above the average story, but now, no matter what they do (and I was mulling over it and what to say about it in the past week so so much), it's gonna be bad. Episode 9 was so disappointing for me, so no matter what they put in the last episode, it is not going to make up for what they didn't put in episode 9 and how they wrapped the most important things in it – because of that, I stopped caring. So no, matter what they do now, they are not going to make up for what they didn't do in episode 9. But yes, I'm, still going to watch it.

I am still going to finish it.

I am still going to hope.

However torturous is it of me – or for me – knowing it is hope in vain.

And I am so sad about it now.

Comments

  1. Boikot devontee product.this story from devontee product.it’s so disappointed they didn’t show ep 10 yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dissapointed too. But maybe...? Maybe it will help to make the episode better, who knows. They started good for sure. Maybethey just need help with finishing series succesfully. They didn't landed there good. :-/ 🤞🤞🤞

      Delete
  2. Let's keep in mind that this show is based on a true story. Surely there will be some things added for dramatization, but I feel like the uneasiness and the way Phu and Nan kind of lingered on their feelings for one another feels very real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it? I haven't heard that piece of information. And is it based on a true story in a very weak sense like “it could have happened to anyone” based on a true story, Or is it actually someone’s story?
      Anyway, the whole point is they started in the top tier, why drop the position now? They could have built it up to a ground reunion and explanation. And they don't even drop it - they throw it to the side as if… order it was really a mistake and they really didn't make it to correct it properly and in time.
      Thank you for your comment!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A List of the Long Time Crush BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

BL genre

Old Fashion Cupcake (Japan, 2022) : So I Just Realized … How Doomed I Am.

How Youtube Treat Creators - part I.

Full of doubts, full of trust - Hannibal (2013-2014)

Zenra Meshi (BL, Japan, 2023) - episode 10

Promising project hopeful audiences - The Eighth Sense | 여덟번째감각 , 여덟번째 감각 (Korean series, BL, 2023)

The Arc of Hannibal and Will Graham’s Relationship