BL genre


Many times, I hesitate to call it genre and instead I opt for calling it a subgenre. We are speaking about boylove genre which is one of the most recent inventions of the audio-visual production. At least in mine point of view - absolutely biased one and inherently fatally fallen, and hence unforgivably subjective point of view that has long ago fallen for the category. 


 Yet in the past we could just dream about our beloved "slash stories" being transformed into a life action. So, when I first discovered that series / stories of bl genre stories from the internet being written on websites are made widely in life action in Asian production companies, it was a small miracle coming to the Earth; something unbelievable and unimaginable. Yes, we had here before such as ‘Brokeback Mountain’ (2005), ‘Bound’ (1996), ‘My Own Private Idaho’ (1991), Philadelphia (1993) and many more, even older ones - though we didn't really start knowing about these before certain year and internet development..., yes, we had here iconic movies with LGBTQ2+ themes. But no, I can't suck out of my finger any series that would be built based on the main story of two main male/female leads, where their destiny would be to end up together in a happily ever after LGBTQ2+ relationship. It's so much for me – thinking back into my young years of hoping and craving such stories.  Not having to – very difficultly by the way - imagining stuff in the private of one's head or digging out movies that would be this way oriented. For love to be equal in the eyes of everyone being given to everybody. Equally. Not having to fight nor having to prove. Not being seen for that as being less. And being less for being vulnerable – and people who are able to love just are.

 I choose not to speak about equality. I choose not to speak about how much anchored those stories are. I choose to

not think about those who tend to hurt people behind these projects. Intentionally worst of all or unintentionally – unfortunately. I choose to remember good parts, not the bad ones, because the bad ones tend to drag us into black abyss of pure hatred and tends to transform us into our worst selves, that we could be. If for a happy life it requires us to lie to ourselves, then I am willing to do so. The decision is not easy, it is as difficult as is to decide not to live in a lie. But what do I care? After all I am just a storyteller who creates and for that reason alone imagines a better life. I am a dreamer full of hope. I am to be blamed of all those deathly sins. Just because I am not willing to give up and be the worst self of me. Because I met the person and I fear. I learned and I trained myself to fear it more than I fear anything in this life. And everyone who is willing to criticize me for what I did is just criticizing themselves for not being strong enough to keep and protect the child within themselves in front of the worst of this life.

After all, reality is neutral, and we are the ones who make it worse than it necessarily has not to be.

After all, even science is based on trust in it.

So – cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About 10th episode of The Promise สัญญา I ไม่ลืม (Thailand, 2023)

A List of the Long Time Crush BL (LGBTQIA+ AudioVisuals SERIES DRAMA | 2023 edit)

Old Fashion Cupcake (Japan, 2022) : So I Just Realized … How Doomed I Am.

How Youtube Treat Creators - part I.

Full of doubts, full of trust - Hannibal (2013-2014)

Zenra Meshi (BL, Japan, 2023) - episode 10

Promising project hopeful audiences - The Eighth Sense | 여덟번째감각 , 여덟번째 감각 (Korean series, BL, 2023)

The Arc of Hannibal and Will Graham’s Relationship